Notes from Faculty Senate meeting on 12 Dec 2017
Summary from Inside Iowa State.
Approval of Fall 2017 Graduation List
NTE Annual Report - Provost Jonathan Wickert
Instruction by NTE Faculty should be less than 15% across the university
- by section credits, we are at 34.8%
- by student credit hours, we are at 41.0%
by course sections, we are at 33.6%
- instruction by NTE Faculty should be less than 25% in all departments
- 35 of 56 departments are currently over 25%
- ISU is at 17.4% of NTE Faculty out of all faculty which ranks 6 of 11 amongst our peer land-grant institutions
Announcements and Remarks
Faculty Senate President
Faculty Senate President-Elect - Peter Martin
- Publication Subvention Grant for Open Access
- award for half of publication costs up to ~$1,250
- requirements are onerous and timeline is fast
Provost - Jonathan Wickert
- Dean David Spalding reappointed
- February first meeting by Board of Regents on tuition
- Iowa Revenue projections indicate ~50M will need to be cut from state budget
- Federal Tax legislation effect on students
- Tax on tuition waivers
- Tax on tuition assistance by employers
- Tax on endowments (for private universities)
- Faculty professional development approvals will happen at January Board meeting
Student Government - Cody Smith
- Requires STAT 402, but not STAT 401.
System does not currently enforce prerequisites. This update allows administrative drops to be used to drop students from a course.
Good of the Order
- Suggestion to evaluate student evaluation process. A task force currently exists to perform this evaluation.
blog comments powered by Disqus