Notes from Faculty Senate meeting on 3 Apr 2018
Summary from Inside Iowa State.
Student Accessibility Services
Rename Student Disability Resources is being renamed Student Accessibility Services. Accommodation Requests will soon be electronic.
Academic Affairs Council
Andrea Wheeler (Architecture) approved unanimously.
Brett Sponseller (Veterinary Clinical Services) approved unanimously.
Annemarie Butler (Philosophy and Religious Studies) approved unanimously.
Announcements and Remarks
Faculty Senate President - Tim Day
Faculty Senate President-elect - Peter Martin
Senior Vice President and Provost - Jonathan Wickert
- $10.9M state-budget allocation reversion for Regent Universities (~$5.4M for ISU) - trying to absorb this at university and provost levels
- FY19 appropriation is unknown
- Tuition proposal to Regents first reading is next week (vote in June)
- 3.8% increase for Iowa undergraduate students
- 4% for other enrollment categories
- differential tuition for majors with labs or experiential programs
Graduate and Professional Student Senate - Michael Belding
Vote in two weeks.
- Professor of Practice: what levels if any should be included?
- Teaching line: terminal degrees and titles
- Research professor: did not get to this discussion
Good of the Order
blog comments powered by Disqus