STAT 544 Bayesian Statistics
- Instructor: Jarad Niemi (email@example.com, @jaradniemi)
- TA: Nehemias Ulloa (firstname.lastname@example.org, @mayatecs)
This course meets
- TR 8-9:20 MacKay 213
Office hours are
- Instructor: T 1:30-3:30 @ Snedecor 2208
- TA: W 2-4 @ Snedecor 1414
Some links to Bayesian statistical software is provided here.
Relevant course pages
Specification of probability models; subjective, conjugate, and noninformative prior distributions; hierarchical models; analytical and computational techniques for obtaining posterior distributions; model checking, model selection, diagnostics; comparison of Bayesian and traditional methods.
- Understand the basics of a Bayesian analysis including prior, likelihood, and posterior.
- Perform a conjugate Bayesian analysis with Jeffreys prior.
- Perform a computational Bayesian analysis using JAGS or Stan.
The prerequisite for the course is previous or concurrent enrollement in STAT 543 or equivalent, e.g. Econ 672.
Please use the Canvas discussion forum.
See slides page
Faculty Senate Recommendations
This course abides by the Faculty Senate Recommendations provided at http://www.celt.iastate.edu/teaching/preparing-to-teach/recommended-iowa-state-university-syllabus-statements.