Notes from Faculty Senate meeting on 20 Mar 2018
Summary from Inside Iowa State.
Faculty Senate Athletic Council Election
Erin Wilgenbusch elected to Athletic Council.
Faculty Athletic Representative Report - Tim Day
Announcements and Remarks
Faculty Senate President - Tim Day
- Provide feedback to proposed authorship policy
- Request for senators to meet with Board of Regents members - Apr 10,11,13
- Request for Faculty Marshals for Commencement, which is now split by College
Faculty Senate President-elect - Peter Martin
- Faculty Conference on Apr 4th
Senior Vice President and Provost - Jonathan Wickert
- State appropriations: $11M cut to board of regents universities
- Title IX training
P&S Council - Jessica Bell
Student Government - Kara Masteller
Graduate and Professional Student Senate - Michael Belding
- Lots of comments expressing concern with how to deal with individuals who do not have terminal degrees.
- I expressed concern about the restrictive research professor renewal requirements.
- Some concern that this proposal blurs the lines and may make tenure harder to justify in the future.
Good of the Order
blog comments powered by Disqus
20 March 2018