AES Consulting meeting on 12 July 2017
- 6-10 sites each with 50-100 pigs
- site level daily water consumption, environmental, etc
- detect disease (mortality)
Daily water consumption appears to be related to disease, i.e. when disease strikes consumption reduces. But daily water consumption is related to age of pigs at a site and the temperature.
- Check out statistical process control (SPC)
- R packages surveillance and vetsyn
- Considering running regression using log of daily water consumption as the response and age and temperature (possibly site) as explanatory variables and then run the SPC procedures on the residuals.