STAT 330 Probability and Statistics for Computer Science
This website is designed to host course material for STAT 330 - Probability and Statistics for Computer Science at Iowa State University.
This course meets
- MWF 3:20-4:10 @ Mol-Bio 1414
Office hours are
- Instructor: TBD on Zoom
- TA: TBD
The optional textbook for this course is
Here are some free resources that can be used:
- OpenIntro Statistics
- Online Statistics Education
- R for Data Science
- Data Camp
- Introduction to R for Data Science
- Introduction to Linear Regression Analysis (5) by Montgomery, Peck, and Vining
- Coursera Data Science Specialization
- The Statistical Sleuth
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Data Analysis for Scientists and Engineers
- An Introduction to Statistical Learning
Topics from probability and statistics applicable to computer science. Basic probability; Random variables and their distributions; Stochastic processes including Markov chains; Queuing models; Basic statistical inference; Introduction to regression.
Please use the Canvas discussion forum.
Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching Recommendations
This course abides by the Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching Recommendations.